Thursday 13 June 2013

An Introduction to My Blog

Integration of Instructional Design and Information Technology
Education 5103
Cape Breton University
Personal Reflection Paper
Leslee Muise-LeBlanc
Spring, 2013



Throughout this course, I have examined various learning theories and considered how they apply to instructional technology (IT). This course has enabled me to investigate concepts related to instructional design, along with a variety of instructional design models. Upon developing my understanding of these concepts and enhancing my knowledge of effective use of software for teaching and learning, I worked with my group to develop our instructional model, "The Flipped Model".


Education 5103 is my fourth course in Cape Breton University’s Graduate Diploma in Educational Technology program.  Before I entered the program, I knew little about technology and its uses in education.  I did, however, recognized the disconnect between my knowledge of technology and the need for technology in my classroom. I believe that students’ interests in technology should be satisfied, allowing them to engage in their learning and empowering them to become creative and innovative individuals.  While I am still learning how technology can benefit my students and myself as a teacher, I am encouraged by what I am learning in this course and throughout this program with Cape Breton University. 





Education 5013 has been organized into seven modules over a seven week period. During these seven weeks, my views related to instructional design and integration of technology have been challenged through course readings, discussions with colleagues, group work, and related research. The weekly modules are
 briefly summarized below:

Module 1: Learning Theories in the Context of Software Integration/Information Technology
In this module, we reviewed learning theories and how they apply to instructional technology (IT). 

Module 2: Learning Theories Continued
In this module, we continued our review of learning theories. 

Module 3: How Learning Theory Affects Software
In this module, we considered Software Classification and considered how these software "fit" into specific learning theories. 

Module 4: Introduction to Instructional Design Concepts
In this module, we developed an understanding of instructional design and considered how it can enhance learning. We considered the history and components of some popular instructional design models, and looked at how IT is integrated into specific models. 

Module 5: Instructional Design Components
In this module, we continued to develop our understanding of instructional design and specific instructional design models. 

Module 6: Inspection and Critique of an IT-ID Model
In this module, we investigated the NTeQ model, and considered how it may benefit our group model.

Module 7: The Future of Instructional Design in Instructional Technology
In this module, we investigated the issue of effectiveness and instructional design models. We consider the terms assessment and evaluation, and discuss issues with evaluation constructivist outcomes.

No comments:

Post a Comment